For nearly 40 years, Sterigenics Advanced Applications has been on the forefront of power
semiconductor radiation processing to increase switching speed. An example of that leadership
is our exclusive - and patented - wafer carrier, that not only allows for the processing
of stacks of wafers in a single run for cost effective processing, but also allows uniform
dose absorption throughout the stacks and across the wafers.
Sterigenics Electron Beam processing is a reliable and reproducible method for tailoring
switching speeds (carrier lifetimes) of many bipolar silicon power semiconductor devices
such as IGBTs, SCRs, BJTs, and GTOs. This offers significant advantages over gold or
platinum doping, the conventional competitive processes, including:
Sterigenics can provide power semiconductor irradiation services with:
- The electron beam irradiation effect is fully reversible through subsequent
- Easily controlled uniformity and high reproducibility.
- The ability to process not only wafers, but also final ("packaged") devices.
- Electron Beam energies up to 12 MeV in North America, Europe and Asia
- Correct dose application every time, by adhering to professional quality assurance procedures
- Rapid and reliable turn times developed through experience in domestic an international logistics